The Houston Area Trail Runners recently ran the UROC 100k/50k race which was also the final race for the SkyRunning Championship on Points.
We had 3 members Mark Kenney, Jose Quintanilla and Rob Goyen run the 100k. Official Results HERE
We had 2 members Jeremy “Handsome” Hanson and Kevin Lauizer run the 50k HERE
Here is some of the results from the race. From IRUNFAR.com with links
Top Men 100k
- Rob Krar (The North Face) – 9:29:00 (pre-race and post-race interviews)
- Dakota Jones (Montrail) – 9:32:26 (pre-race and post-race interviews)
- Cameron Clayton (Salomon) –10:06:24 (pre-race and post-race interviews)
- Kilian Jornet (Salomon) – 10:19:16 (pre-race interview)
- Ryan Ghelfi (Rogue Valley Runners) – 10:24:38
- Sage Canaday (Scott) – 11:00:25 (pre-race interview)
Top Women 100k
- Emelie Forsberg (Salomon) – 12:06:34 (pre-race and post-race interviews)
- Stephanie Howe (The North Face) – 12:29:26 (post-race interview)
- Michele Yates (Ultimate Dirction/GU) – 12:46:24
- Francesca Canepa (Vibram) – 12:55:06
- Kerrie Bruxvoort (Salomon) – 13:23:39 (pre-race interview)
The Houston Area Trail Runners had the opportunity to meet a lot of these athletes through the week leading up to the race. here is my blog HERE.
We had a great time running the 100k and the 50k and celebrated the finish of Kevin Lauizer in his finish of his 50k. All of our other runners where cut off by the time restraints. Nonetheless we had a fun going from 95 degrees and 54 ft above sea level to 19 degrees and 12,750 ft above sea level.
We want to personally thank the HATR family back home, our sponsors and the athletes we met. We had a great time and can’t wait to be back next year.