There are many reasons to join the Houston Area Trail Runners! We are the premier trail and ultra running group in the greater Houston area. We have many activities including weekly group runs, social events such as brunch and happy hour, and trips to area trail races! What are you waiting for? Join us today!
If you wish, please register as a United States Track and Field Member (USATF) as well. You are not required to be a USATF member to join HATR, however in order to compete in club competitions such as the Texas Trail Championship Series or the USATF Gulf Grand Prix Series you must be an active USATF member. When you join USATF you want to join the Texas Gulf Region and select our club for you affiliation. We are USATF club 25-6109. Our official club certification can be found here.
- A member is any person who shall have paid an annual fee while supporting the Mission Statement and Objectives of the club.
- Period of membership is from January (or date of sign-up) to December 31st.
- Members will abide by an respect all rules pertaining to trail usage, including all designated signs and posted regulation, during any and all club runs and functions.
Benefits of Membership
- Be part of one of the most prestigious trail running club in the Houston running community.
- Contribute to the mission and objectives of the club.
- Membership fee assist HATR contribute to local stewards of our trails and natural spaces.
- Receive the annual HATR membership patch. Attach it proudly to hats, hydration packs, or drop bags to show you are a proud member of HATR.
- Make new friends and meet new running partners.
- Be eligible for HATR contests and giveaways.
- Have fun at our numerous social events and volunteer opportunities.
- Compete with and travel with the fun and energetic HATR race team.
- Join USATF - Gulf Region as a member of HATR team.
- Compete in the Gulf Region Grand Prix as a member of HATR race team.
- Compete in Texas Trail Championship Series as member of HATR race team.
- Compete in Trail Racing Over Texas (TROT) Cup as member of HATR race team.
- Receive discounts from club sponsors, including running stores and other product vendors.
- Receive a member discount on purchases at HATR online store.